Scrolling

A beautiful Swedish home in calm, muted tones

Monday again? how did that happen?! No fear though, as I've just found the perfect apartment to take the edge of the start of the week! It comes in the shape of this beautiful Swedish space with light wood floors, high ceilings and original period features and decorated in calm tones of grey and green throughout. Warm wood, cosy sheepskins and chunky knits add just the right amount of comfort for Autumn too. Let's take a tour...












Entrance Makleri. Photography: Anders Bergstedt. Found via Anna Gillar with thanks.

Beautiful! I could definitely see myself padding around here, how about you?! Actually, it's for sale - so that could be a reality for someone!

My eyes are on the kakelugn (masonry ovens) and the wall lamp. Is there anything that stands out to you? 

Quick guide on where things are from: Kitchen: find similar industrial pendant lamps here and this vintage slate blackboard is similar, Thonet 214 chairs (15% discount with MYSCAN), L:A Bruket hand soap, Nespresso espresso coffee machine. Sitting room: Mantis wall lampsheepskin rug. Bedroom: Natural linen bedding, Hektar wall lamp.

In case you missed it - I slipped in a cheeky weekend post - a book review of Ellie Tennant's latest book 'Chic Boutiquers at Home' and a sneak peek inside the beautiful Danish home of designer Kristina Dam. I was really excited and honoured to have my own home featured in Ellie's first book 'Design Bloggers at Home' last year.

Oh and Benjamin Moore has just announced their colour of the year 2016. Thoughts?! 

Hope you have a great start to the week!

PS Does anyone else suddenly get the fear on a Sunday evening about all the things you need to do the following week. And then when you wake up you realise it's all under control (touch wood) and you even have time for a slow coffee (love this IG account)?! Even still...

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I love the apartment especially the bathroom (I think I am obsessed with them lately) I am really into sage green, My dining room, and kitchen are both done in shades of sage... Not sure how I feel about white as the color of the year 2016...Autumn is so colorful here in Wisconsin (USA) and knowing the snow will fly and I will soon be looking at a lot of white and grey tones doesn't make me feel all that happy. None the less, white is a nice base for layering other tones, so I know it is a good choice for interiors. I guess I am officially, on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So interesting to hear your thoughts about the colour of the year. I haven't made up my mind yet either although white will always have a big space in my heart (and home!). PS I love sage too....

      Delete
  2. The pictures are so inspirational and stylish! Love them!
    Happy blogging,
    Maria | www.voguechild.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the window over the sink. The apartment feels bright and has an easy flow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home, love the chandelier in the kitchen and the bathroom cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did that lovely wall lamp in the living room come from

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so inspiring and pretty!!

    www.dodolce.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous apartment! It all looks so peaceful and serene.

    www.kayleecoles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bedroom with the balcony... on my wish list!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to paint my bathroom this color. Any idea what the color and brand is?! Also, where did the bathroom lighting come from?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with this bathroom! Can you give me the paint color and brand?? Also, where did the lighting come from?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO